Are you in an exploration of best gaming headphones which would complete your gaming rig.
Let me guess what your expectations can be?
Certain Expectations From The Best Gaming Headphones –
- Noise cancellation
- Surround Sound
- Advanced Hallmarks
- RGB [which is damn cool!]
All these are explained in detail. So, ‘surely’ check that out too. It will grant you more knowledge.
Your expectations can differ, but respecting your factors, these are the essential elements which give life to the product.
So, Check these valuable gaming headphones which will take your gaming experience to another level.
|Brand||Model||Buy From Here Now|
|Turtle||Beach 350 VR|
|Turtle||Beach Elite Atlas Pro|
HyperX Cloud Stringer
Positive Traits – Noise Cancellation, Great Audio, Gratifying Comfort
Negative Traits – Not for Outdoor, No RGB
HyperX by Kingston had introduced a new model of the Cloud, “Stringer”. It is a gaming headset for those who are casual gamers.
Moreover, the Stringer is lightweight, comfortable and affordable.
Key Features –
90-degree rotating ear-cups
Directional Drivers: 50mm in size
Signature HyperX Memory Foam
Intuitive Volume controls
Swivel-to-Mute Noise Cancellation microphone
Compatible with both Windows and iOS
90 Degree Rotating ear-cups
- Improvement in the design of the earcups makes a vast difference. I always have a problem that many headphones have stubborn earcups being perpendicular to the chest. I suppose you all might have faced the same issue a lot. Acknowledging this user problem, the Stringer has given 90-degree rotational ear-cups.
- So, you can just turn the earcups around and place it gently on your chest. Honestly, just the shift in placement makes it a worthy purchase.
50mm Directional Drivers
- These are called directional driver because they have a direction for their orientation. The interesting part, the driver is kept in parallel to your ear. So, the sound is directed into your ears straight. As you might have undergone the need for proper sound delivery while gaming.
- HyperX has done a great job for maintaining the performance along with quality. The slider is made up of steel which makes it robust. So, you can adjust it informally while playing.
- Swivel-to-Mute is a great concept. You just have to turn/rotate/swivel (which one you like) your mic and ta-da it turns off. Even more, you are provided with Noise Cancellation. Now, you can play, talk or do whatever you want without any background interruption.
Turtle Beach 350 VR
Positive Traits – Sound Quality, Mic Precision, Battery Amplifier
Negative Traits – Wiring Issues
Displaying Turtle Beach 350 VR Gaming Headset! This Gaming headset gives us the compelling sound experience of VR [Virtual Reality] & a reward, battery-powered amplification.
Beach 350 VR traits a flimsy ergonomic design & quality, covered with fabric memory foam ear pads to secure convenient & comfortable wear.
Aspire to play your favourite game on PS4 Pro or PS4 or it can be Nintendo Switch, Oculus Rift, SteamVR etc. If you crave to play on PS4 or Steam or any device then just swap the cables around which is proper and you’re good to go.
Adapted High-Quality 50mm neodymium over-ear speakers which offer a good amount of sharp and crunchy highs and thundering lows.
Situated a battery powered 30+ hours amplifier inside the headset. As you all know amplifier is used for magnifying the power of the audio signal which makes it louder and powerful. [If you don’t, now you know!!].
So, in Beach 350 VR it produces enhanced 3D audio reproduction. You can also tune the variable bass boost for deeper lows.
Key Features –
Amplifies Sound Experience
- Amplifies the sound and gives it a louder audio experience.
- Monitors your own voice inside the headset. This backs when you want to shout. So, no need to shout loud! The Turtle Beach 350 will take care of that.
Active Noise Cancellation [ANC]
- Cuts the uncertain external turbulence. Supports when you are playing an intense game or in a competition.
Corsair Void RGB
Positive Traits – Noise Cancellation, Dolby & InfoMic, Unique Design
Negative Traits – Less RGB
Void by Corsair is a great gaming headphone under $100. According to Corsair, this headset is designed not only for excellent performance but also for warmth and lightness.
Let’s investigate more about this baby.
The Void has seven different models. If you want to check the various models then you have to visit Corsair’s site.
InfoMic & Cue Control
Noise Cancellation Mic
INFOMIC and CUE Control
- InfoMic is a tool that keeps you totally aware of the in-game audio. Dolby, microphone mute state, battery-life and EQ settings. Moreover, it all happens visually by the virtue of the led indicators at the end of the Mic.
- Above I only mentioned the RGB control using the CUE. Sorry, I forgot to mention that it can also be used to control other stuff. You can customise the button functionality, audio adjustments, Noise Cancellation etc from the Corsair Utility Engine.
- The earcups have an ergonomic design which fits your ear perfectly. Corsair claims that ‘it fits the ear like a glove’. For longer gaming sessions comfort is necessary. So, the Microfiber-Wrapped memory foam pads enable you to go full gaming.
- Today, there is no beefy gaming rig without an RGB decor. So, of course, I will be honoured to have another RGB beauty in my gaming wardrobe, wouldn’t you?
- The Void has a WHOPPING 16.8 million colour possibilities to match and synchronise with your setup. There are LEDs on the earcups which highlight the Corsair logo.
- I recommend you to install the Corsair Utility Engine (CUE). Applying that you can customise the RGB outcomes of all your Corsair gaming devices.
- Trust me, I am still using the CUE and it is great. Moreover, it gives you the power to customise your gaming device.
- According to Corsair, the 50 mm drivers produce staggering bass, scintillating highs and it towers a dynamic range. So, Dolby 7.1 surround with promising 50 mm drivers unlocks the true potential of the Void.
- The headset takes gaming to the next level on pc. Moreover, it comes with a 3.5 mm connector for compatibility with the PlayStation and Xbox One. Most importantly, it is not restricted to PC, PS and Xbox, it is compatible with smartphones too.
- It comes with a USB Dolby headphone adapter. So, you can now experience genuine Dolby 7.1 surround sound while gaming.
Microphone with Noise Cancellation
- While gaming with a group. Let it be competitive or a friendly match communication plays a vital role throughout the process.
- The Noise Cancellation feature that the Void Microphone provides is striking. Now, you can communicate with your teammates efficiently.
- This facility will help your teammates to comprehend your decisions and move with 100% clarity. As we all know, teamwork is a key to winning.
HyperX Cloud Alpha
Positive Traits – Comfortability, Sound Experience, Robust Build
Negative Traits – Pricey, Not Flimsy
HyperX Cloud Alpha from Kingston presents us the signature award-winning stability and comfort with superior red memory foam which is more smoother leatherette.
Traits included a robust, detachable braided cable.
Award-winning premium quality signature gaming headset as I’ve stated above. The frame used is long-lasting aluminium with an expanded headband which is enduring, robust & pretty well-built.
It’s TeamSpeak™ & Discord Certified
You get a detachable braided cable which will be very straightforward to use and will cause no harm to the cable.
Sound Controllers are set on the right side of the detachable braided cable to increase/decrease your volume preferences or to mute the mic.
HyperX has also scored a detachable noise cancellation microphone. How it serves – is whenever you require to use for gaming purpose, just plug it.
On the contrast, if you want to listen to your aspired music then just unplug and experience your music!
Some Characteristics –
Twin Chamber Drivers
- 50mm twin custom chamber drivers depreciate distortion because of these twin drivers, one chamber is positioned for bass & another for mids & highs. This is the idea it can reduce the distortion level.
Signature HyperX Comfort & Durability
SteelSeries Arctis 5
Positive Traits – USB ChatMix dial, Perfect RGB, Terrifying Sound
Negative Traits – Extra-Long Cables
Be prepared because this is going to blow you up. The Arctis 5 by SteelSeries is a superb just amazing for the price. It beats almost all the other best gaming headphones to death.
Key Features –
Crystal Clear Mic
Just Perfect RGB
USB ChatMix dial
Crystal Clear Microphone [Discord certified]
- Arctis 5 uses a ClearCast microphone which in turn uses a proprietary bi-directional design. So, that your message is clearly delivered to your teammates.
- Moreover, the mic has Noise Cancellation which adds to the reason that it is Discord Certified.
Just Perfect RGB
- Many of the gaming gear we have ever heard of or used are RGB imbalanced. Some are over illuminated with RGB while others are under illuminated. But for me, this is just perfect RGB illumination. The Arctis 5 has a nice prism illumination on the surrounds of the earcup.
- It’s okay if you are against my RGB choice.
USB ChatMix dial
- Even though SteelSeries has their utility engine, they have brought new stuff into the picture, the ChatMix dial. Instead of using the engine to adjust in-game volume, you can use this. So, you can adjust the balance between the chat and game audio. This is an essential factor as an imbalance between these two can alter the match results.
- It has a USB connector using which you can connect it to your PC, PS4 or Mac.
- The Arctis 5 features a 7.1 and DTS Headphone:X v2.0 surround sound. Moreover, you experience in-game details highlighted by the award-winning Arctis sound. It uses the S1 speaker drivers. These are masterminded to generate audio with ultra-low distortion.
- So, this, if used efficiently with the 7.1 surround sound, you can take your game-sense to a new level.
- In short, it has a nice use case of the DTS, 7.1 and the Arctis audio technology.
Positive Traits – Precise Audio, Accurate Mic, Comfortable
Negative Traits – No ANC
The Corsair HS70 is one of the best headset available on the market. And yes, it beats the Corsair Void RBG and many other high-performance gaming headphones.
Corsair’s intention was to design a powerpack device which can achieve greatness not only in gaming but also in any PC related work.
Key Features –
Precision Gaming Audio
Crystal Clear Mic
On-Ear Control & Robust
Precision Gaming Audio
- All the greatness in its performance is due to the driver and the 7.1 surround sound. The 50 mm drivers which are made up of neodymium accouche superior and accurate audio.
- Moreover, it has the virtual 7.1 surround sound. This is a great technology that many gaming brands have integrated with their headphones. You can customise the channels according to your comfort.
- Most importantly, achieving it is not rocket science. You just have to use the CUE [Corsair Utility Engine] and boom you are set.
- As you read above, the audio is excellent and you can feel the game instead of playing it. But it has a few more skills under its sleeves. Corsair has managed to get a low latency experience on these. Which along with 16 Hrs battery-life and 40ft of connectivity range, actually allows you to move in the middle of the game.
Crystal Clear Microphone [Discord Certified]
- The HS70 has an appreciable microphone. Moreover, it is detachable and unidirectional. Even though it is not a Noise Cancelling Microphone, it performs as it is one. The Mic guarantees crystal clear communication during the game. If you are a gamer or a local PUBG mobile player, you have mostly used Discord (I assume).
- So, rejoice cause it has been certified by Discord. So, there is no uncertainty that the Microphone performs admirably.
On-Ear Control & Robust
- The On-Ear controls help a lot in the middle of a tense match. But I don’ think any of the controls on the earcups are reprogrammable. There is a volume control scroll and a button to mute the Mic.
- The overall the build quality is robust. The ear foams are made up of synthetic leather. Besides, an aluminium yoke conceals the wiring and the band has a nice cosy accent stitched artwork.
Positive Traits – Noise Cancellation, Terrifying Sound, Great Latency
Negative Traits – No Audio Jacks
The G533 is the headphone which is actually a part of the G series. So, for just knowledge about the G series, it is a series having a wireless mouse, keyboard, headphones etc.
So, let’s discover more about the G533.
Key Features –
Noise Cancelling Microphone
- These Logitech Pro drivers are designed in a way that you can feel the game instead of playing it. Game Developers want their users to enjoy each and every moment of gaming. So, the PRO-G driver makes sure that you feel the clarity, precision and the realism of the game.
- It produces great bass along with clear highs. This potential is reached due to Logitech’s hybrid-mesh [Patent-Pending] construction which diminishes distortion.
- I am really impressed by this feature. Hats of to Logitech to integrate it with the headphone. So, it works like, the headphone has 7 audio channels. These channels surround your ear. The main function of these channels is to bring you into the middle of the game.
- If you face problem in hearing footsteps from behind. You can use the LGS to activate or customise the channels that enhance the rear audio. Therefore, there are total 7 channels and you have control over it.
Noise Cancellation Mic
- The Microphones gives you crystal-clear audio. So, communication is at its best. Moreover, you can turn the Mic up to turn it off. On LGS, you will find an option which helps you to determine how loud you and your teammate should hear your voice.
- The left earcups buttons to facilitate fast control over the headset functionality. The button on the earcups is programmable. So, you can change the functionality of the button using the LGS. The mute button which is a default one can be used as the G-Key to many functions.
- Example, any complex macros of your wish, play/pause/start/stop.
Turtle Beach Elite Atlas Pro
Positive Traits – Comfy to wear, Pure Sound
Negative Traits – Mic Material
Turtle Beach Elite Atlas Pro is known for its praiseworthy built quality, sharp & pure sound experience.
Built & Design
About 70 to 80% of the device is plastic because the use of plastic it exhibits cheap but the headphones are featherweight and feel comfortable to wear with satisfaction.
Talking about ear-cushions or shall I say aero fit ear-cushions are fluffy & very friendly to wear.
Aerofit Ear-cushions are coupled by using revolutionary material technologies which puts your ears in an ease nature.
Further, its also blocks out external disturbance & ultimately enriches bass response. Interesting part over here is the speaker plates on each side respectively are also detachable. It is called ‘magnetic speaker plates’.
Thus, if you want to add some essence to your gaming headphones then this is a good alternative, just exchange the plates and upgrade the plates with a stylish modern design speaker plates.
50mm nano clear speakers are created specially to present the pure team chat with less distortion level. Presenting Microsoft’s immersive Windows Sonic for Headphones that is surround sound on PC which effects your music, games etc to sense and bring in to life.
It’s are also compatible.
Key Features –
- Elite’s pure crystal clear noise cancellation mic supplied with truspeak technology. This technology ensures that your voice is loud and very clear.
Prospect Glasses Relief
- Incorporated ProSpecs Comfort-driven glasses design to ensure that you perceive no stress on your glasses & you can operate it with a snap.
There are certain hallmarks to study when buying best & quality Gaming headphones which are elegant & comfy to wear.
So let’s commence discussing what these hallmarks can be & how you can benefit it from!
First, most priority is the “comfortability”. Comfort in gaming headphones is must feature which you can’t dodge.
Why? Gamers bound to play games for endless hours with the use of headphones.
If your gaming headphones are not comfortable to wear then you’ll feel irritated & it can disrupt your performance.
It’s very crucial when you’re in a competition.
So choose comfortable headphones which fit properly so you can play your game with ease.
If you have glasses then…
For glasses people, there’s a problem that when you wear your headphones, the headsets will put pressure on your glass frames which leads to damage.
So be careful if you have glasses. But, not to worry. There’s always a solution.
The best way is to check whether the headsets have the glass friendly feature. This feature does not put pressure on the frames which will cause no damage.
Coming to Headband & Ear cups material – Headband material is also important when you pause it on your head. It must be soft which will happen when you have padded headband.
If you don’t have a concern about comfortability then metal or plastic or no padded headband is ok for you. But this [no padded or metal headband] will not help you much.
Not to overlook that sound is also noted among all these qualities. There are different characteristics from different brands.
Characteristics which you may need are –
- Surround Sound which is a beneficial thing you can have
- Dolby Headphone Technology – presents 7.1 virtual surround sound which conveys a slight edge in your games.
- Substitute you can choose is 5.1 channel surround sound which is the stereo sound. [Your Preference]
- Active Noise Cancellation [ANC] – Very Convenient feature to have, an External noise will not be entertained. Enjoy your game & forget the outside world for a while.
Weight – Remember to choose lightweight gaming headphones, not the bulky ones. Lightweight is great because it will cause no pain on your neck but bulky one will surely do
Mic – When you’re playing a game, a microphone is very essential to communicate with your team members about several things. Now, there are two types of the mic –
1] Omnidirectional Mic
2] Unidirectional Mic
What do these microphones do?
The Omnidirectional mic accepts signals from all directions & Undirectional Mic is further into picking up or transmitting signals in one way.
Wired Or Wireless
Wired or Wireless, which one to prefer? This answer you have to give to yourself. Both Wired & wireless have their positives & negatives.
Wired has this disturbing or better word is disentangled cable [which is frustating]. Wireless has some more traits than wired etc.
On the contrary, Wireless has a bunch of traits which makes it a fabulous gaming buddy.
Traits like Bluetooth Connectivity, Works on Battery [that can hinder some people], Better performance, Advanced & premium features and many many more.
This depends on your view which you like to choose & which one you’re relaxed with!
Last but not least is “BUDGET”. You have to know how much bucks you are spending & in return how much value are you bringing in. So, keep that in mind – Buy Valuable Product.
The order in which the products are positioned tells nothing about their performance. All the above mentioned are the best you can find in the market under $100.
So, if you want to buy the best gaming headphone and your budget is $100 then go for any of the above ones.
If you are asking me to prefer any which I admire then my answer is the SteelSeries Arctis 5 or the HyperX Cloud Alpha.
They cost below $120 and has everything that you want from a headphone as a gamer. Do Share it with all the excellent gamers you know out there.